Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thumbs Up and Celebrate!

This week, my internship flew by so fast, namely because of the 4th of July celebrations.  It did surprise me that the 4th of July happens to be my boss's favorite holiday.  A peculair pick for a "favorite" holiday, but to each their own.  Mine would have to be Thanksgiving, for the food, of course.  It was very nice of Nancy to order all her interns, there are three of us for the summer session, to take the rest of the week off, seeing as she would not be in the office either.

      So Tuesday, July 3rd, was relatively mellow.  I got into work at 9:30am, and immediately continued to work on my joyous, never ending Excel contact list project.  Nancy, my boss, was in a meeting for roughly the first hour I was there, but when she retreated to her desk finally, she asked to speech with me, regarding my advances with the project.  But, at that time, she was not ready to speak.  She still had to run around the building, getting some of her own work done.

     She settled into her desk chair at about noon, and I walked her through what I had been doing.  She essentially just wanted to double check that I was cleaning the system in an efficient way, rather than confusing myself and making a more dramatic mess of the chaotic database.  She enjoyed seeing the progress I had made thus far, and instructed me on how to advance.  Her instruction, little did she know, was my idea.  I knew how I wanted to proceed, she just happened to read my mind.

     So I continued on down the path for this project for another few hours, then left work on Tuesday at 2:30pm, ready to start my weekend essentially!

No comments:

Post a Comment