Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Co-workers Joy!


        This week, my internship got a happy surprise!  Let me give you a bit of background to begin with.  Last summer, when I entered my marketing internship at the Bowers Museum, there was an intern in the Graphics and Communications department, who had about a year experience with the museum and the Marketing department’s protocol.  Her name is Eleanor and she was a friendly face to ask any concern or curiosity to.  She dabbled in some of the marketing work, along with what she did under Nancy Johnson with Graphics.  She sat in the Graphics and Communications department, which housed four desks.  Those desks are occupied by my boss, Nancy Johnson, her right arm, Sasha, the website orchestrator, Vincent, and Eleanor.  I actually sit at the desk Eleanor use to, last summer.  She is a sweet, determined, talented young woman.  Last summer, we would have lunch together, so we grew close, noticing that we both love to cook and have an eye for photography.  

        Eleanor, on Tuesday, July 10th, walked into the Graphics and Communications room, and gathered the group.  So Sasha and I walked over to Nancy's desk.  The second Eleanor said, "I have an announcement," I knew exactly what she was going to say.  My boss legitimately screamed when Eleanor announced she was pregnant with her and her husband's first child.  I was so excited for them, not just because I love babies, but because I know Eleanor and I have become familiar with her husband through our lunchtime conversation.  They are both very smart and have tender hearts, so I know they will make excellent parents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment