Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Same old, Same old

This week I continued working on my locating, editing, and updating of the museum's contact list project.  I have moved on from the Media Contact List folder, since those are as clean as I can possibly make them.   It is nearly impossible to find every single "bad email" or "opted out."  As it is, there were about 789 "bad emails" or "opted outs" in the exported PatronMail list that contained 1,363 total media emails, from the entire database.  That is 57.8%.  Tracking down those 789 emails is mission impossible.  A strong majority of the emails were located under understandably labeled Excel sheets, but the goose chase for roughly 130 of those emails took me about two weeks to find few, then get annoyed and move on, with my boss' permission of course.

     Now I have turned my attention to the University Related Information folder.  There are roughly 842 "bad emails" and "opted outs" out of 3,254 in this folder, which is 25.8%.  This folder, I am cleaning up relatively quickly, compared to the Media folder.  This is namely due to the fact that the majority of the emails are to be found in an understandable location.  For example, if I have a "bad email" from the Japanese History Professors list, I can easily find it under the "Japanese History Professors" list in the "University Related Information" folder, under the Public Relation's "Contact Lists" section.

     My boss has high aspirations for what this ultimate, clean, dynamic, high-performance, supreme contact list compilation will do for the museum.  Next week I will begin on the hard-copy procedure of the project, which I am excited for.  It will give me something new to do, shake the routine up a bit.  I just hope my boss likes my vision for what is to come.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment