Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Digital to Print

This week in my internship, July 24th and 25th, I began taking my contact list project from the computer to a hardcopy format.  As I discussed last week, my boss wants me to provide her a hardcopy record of the new, concise, edited, formatted, and updated contact lists, as a safety measure.  Not to mention the fact that she loves binders, and she has a hardcopy of every exhibit that decorate the walls of her off.

     So this process of taking the digital excel sheets to hardcopy form is, surprising, not as easy as simply clicking the "Print" button.  First, I pull up the excel files, one at a time.  I highlight and "copy" the list, then "paste" it to another "worksheet" on the same excel file.  Then I delete the unnecessary information for the printed sheet.  The necessary information, that my boss wants to see, includes the name of the organization, the contacts name, their position, and the email.  Next, I highlight the text, then "set the print area," followed by "previewing" the print.  In most of the cases, I would rotate the paper from "portrait" to "landscape," which would allow me to fit all of the columns of necessary info on less amounts of paper.  I do like to conserve a tree where I can.

     So after formatting the excel sheets into a printable version, I began to shoot off the copies to the printer.  Then I gathered up the roughly one hundred or so pages of contact lists, hole punched, then stapled the related lists together, alphabetized the lists, and set them in the corresponding folder in the contact list binder.  I am only about 30% through this project, so there is much work to be done.  And so it continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment