Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Excel Sheet After Excel Sheet


This week, I continued with my contact list process.  Let me explain, in detail, the following step, after inputing the lists into the PatronMail system.  PatronMail exported a list of “bad emails” and “opted outs.” I then focused on continuing to search out and delete those emails.  To say this process is tedious to the point of going a bit insane, as I scanned roughly twenty excel sheets, for these obnoxious emails, is not a dramatization.  I spent all of Tuesday, June 12th, and half of Wednesday, June 13th, trying to wrap this up.  But what I was not aware of, was that this project would be endless.

            As I went through the lists, finding these emails, I track my progress in a clear way.  As I erased the bad email, I kept the other info from the contact and marked the email column with “Bad Email from PatronMail List 6/12.”  This way, I could evaluate how old some of the lists were, based on how many of the contacts had this bold, underlined, red label. 

            While my boss also enjoyed seeing how I had tracked the bad emails, through the excel lists, she advised me on how to proceed.  She told me to print the lists out, so we could have them on record.  Then she advised me to go ahead and delete the entire contact that had a bad email.  Her reason was intelligent, saying that if the email was bad, then there is a fair chance the contact does not exist anymore.  And this summarizes my eighth week on the job.     

No comments:

Post a Comment