Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hiccup


This week, my internship had a hiccup.  I can into work on Tuesday, June 19th, with the beginnings of a head cold.  The museum had the opening of a brand new exhibit, Faberge: Imperial Jeweler to the Tsars, coming within days.  With that, my boss was not reluctant at all to tell me to go home.  I’m sure she wanted me to rest and get better, but she was more threatened by the potential contagion of her entire staff, which could not happen at that critical moment, when every second counts. 

            So I gladly retired for the day, went home and rested.  But the next Monday, I woke up feeling worse.  I emailed my boss to let her know my condition, and she response was very humorous.  I knew she would have no intention of wanting to see me until I was one hundred and fifty percent better, which she communicated saying “for my sanity, please remain in your bubble.  My bubble is too fragile right now.”  So I did not make it back to work until the following Tuesday, June 26th, when I was in perfect condition.  Luckily, I will work over 150 hours at the Bowers Museum this summer, which is twice what the History 398 asks for, so this hiccup will not affect that factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment