Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Seeing Results


This week began with me, on Tuesday May 22nd, revising my email blast to the radio stations, then sending it out.  A had a nice response from Radio Disney.  They communicated how they had partnered with the Bowers Museum in the past, and enjoyed the experience, agreeing with myself on the mutually beneficial, intrinsic relationship between the two party’s.  We communicated through email, back and forth, brainstorming ways to promote one another this upcoming summer.   Naturally, promoting Bowers Kidseum on Radio Disney’s website event calendar was an immediate avenue.  Bowers Kidseum is our friendly museum fitted to the enjoyment of adolescents.  We have yet to set-up a “shout-out” deal.

Getting a “shout-out” on air is not a simple phone call.  Most stations’ sell “shout-out’s,” which I addressed in the initial email to the stations’, given the museum is a non-profit organization serving to educate and entertain our community, the museum’s marketing budget is very small.  So landing a “shout-out” is tricky to say the least.  Then there is a script that has to be drawn up, for what will be read off on air.  And there are time constraints to how long the “shout-out” will be, so appropriately fitting a script into that time is another concern.  This whole “shout-out” business is a work in progress, as evidently clear, but I am very optimistic of the outcome.    

I got responses from other stations, but I noted my experience with Radio Disney, because it was a positive step in my non-academically trained marketing interests.  I really enjoy marketing, especially when it goes smoothly, but I am sure I am in for some bumps in the road.  

No comments:

Post a Comment